Two GPU no SLI GA-B75M-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnaud1241

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Hello,

I have a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H motherboard which doesn't support SLI. I am already mining Zcoin with a GTX 1060 and would like to add a GTX 1080 TI.

I have read that SLI is not needed as long as there is no need to pool the power of the cards together. Apparently the fact that I have only one pcie16x and other one is a 4x doesn't really matter as well for mining as the bandwith usage is negligeable for mining.

I am only wondering if you think there will be a lot of configuration to be done in the BIOS or anything particulary complex with this MB to do in order to mine with both cards ?

Solution
There is no additional BIOS configuration needed. Just make sure your PSU can handle 2 graphics cards.
With low quality insufficient wattage PSU you can blow up all your expensive system.

arnaud1241

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
The case is big enough I have just bought a bequiet : https://www.bequiet.com/en/case/pure-base/919 and it's quite big.

I thought it wouldn't fit not looking at the Mobo really carefully but after I paying more attention of a picture found on internet I think you are right !

I will make sure the PSU can handle it, I have a 500 watts but will upgrade to 750... I have 6 HDDs, 2 x 8gb ram 1.35v, I7 3770 3.4 ghz, 1 gtx 1860 and a gtx 1080 ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.