Question Two GPUs -- should I keep both or one is enough ?

Mahmoud_24

Honorable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello guys,

I have an old workstation Hp z800 I use it mostly for photoshop, rendering, Autocad and 3d modeling

I have two monitors, one of them is a 22 inch tablet screen, I use them together always, I have two gpus, Msi Amd Radeon 5500xt 8gb connected to the tablet screen, the other is Nvidia quadro p1000 connected to 24inch screen which I use for everything except drawing.
I have 64 gb of ram, 2 processors.

My question is I kinda don't feel a difference after adding the nvidia p1000, does it make a difference to have both or the nvidia quadro p1000 is enough? and is there a way to know which one of them performs better on specific software? any way I don't play any games so this workstation is just for work.

thank y

Rapajez

Distinguished
I don't do much work with that software, but the 5500XT is a mid-range Gaming Card, and the P1000 is an older mid-range Workstation Card. The 5500XT has more horsepower for gaming, but I'd imagine some of your software will only run on the Quadro (or would benefit from the architecture).

If you're not using the machine for gaming, you'd probably want to save some energy and remove the 5500XT.

Reactions: Mahmoud_24