Two GTX660 in SLI and two DVI-D connections with two monitors

Hyi4o

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Hey guys,

I got this video card - GTX660-DC2OCPH-2GD5 . If I bought some other GTX660 2GB (compatible for SLI) can I use the two DVI-D ports on the both cards at the same time with two monitors ? Two examples: PALIT GTX660 2GB D5 and N660 GAMING 2GD5/OC.
Does one of the GPUs is going to have inactive ports like when you put a GPU on on mobo with CPU with integrated graphics and the mobo ports became inactive? I got two Yamakashi monitors that can use only DVI-D ports. No adapters are usable. No matter if active or passive adapters, they are not working with them and thats it (there is even a Pauls video about it in his channel, Pauls - click. I can use only DVD-D to DVI-D for the both monitors to the PC. So will this work ? Both monitors are 2600x1600. Now I got ASUS-GTX650TI-PH-1GD5 on other set up which got 2 DVI-D ports and works great with them but I need one more set up for them. And when I got one strong GPU us my GTX660, why not just to add one more in SLI and boost the performance than to buy whole new card with two DVI-D ports...

Best regards,
Hyi4o

Hyi4o

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Hey guys,

kira70591, TechyInAZ - I couldn't find this info in Nvidia FAQ and explanations :( . I think I'm going to ask there in the forum if no one is sure from here.

Mousemonkey - The monitors should be connected this way: DVI-D from the first video card to the DVI-D from the first monitor and DVI-D from the second GPU to the second monitor DVI-D. No DVI-I can be used. Your configuration is different. You have connected your monitors to only one of the cards. Here is the info about the monitors - click.

Best regards,
Hyi4o

Well if your an expert now then there is no reason for this thread is there?

Hyi4o

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Hey,

I mean is it going to work or it is not possible ? If I connect them this way will they work or there will be some problem because of the SLI connection or because the monitors are connected to two cards with this type of connection not only to the prime one?

Best regards,
Hyi4o

kira70591

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

Yeah that is what I said, you can only use the primary cards display outputs. Also as you said later, the monitor would not work when SLI was enabled. You would have to have a third card to plug the secondary monitor into if you wanted to have it plugged into another card that was not SLId.

Whilst I misread the OP after reading it again I'm left wondering if the OP knows what happens with only two monitors and SLi.