Question Two HDMI sources and 3 Screens... how to?

Alejolas

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Ok so first of all hello and thank you for helping me!

So, I have 2 computers: my gaming rig and my mac mini from the office. I have 3 displays 24inch each one... all three have HDMI and only one has DP.

What I want to do: I want some type of switch where I can plug in my 2 sources (pc and mac) and with the press of a button (or whatever) I can change the displays, so for example I'm working on my mac (and using the 3 displays to work not just duplicate screens) but at the end of the day I want to game (and use the 3 displays to game not just duplicate screens) but I don't want to connect and reconnect and this and that.

Edit: Forgot to say that my gaming rig can plug in many displays BUT my Mac has only ONE HDMI port ... and that's the whole problem.

Is this possible? And if it is... what do I need to buy?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Ok so first of all hello and thank you for helping me!

So, I have 2 computers: my gaming rig and my mac mini from the office. I have 3 displays 24inch each one... all three have HDMI and only one has DP.

What I want to do: I want some type of switch where I can plug in my 2 sources (pc and mac) and with the press of a button (or whatever) I can change the displays, so for example I'm working on my mac (and using the 3 displays to work not just duplicate screens) but at the end of the day I want to game (and use the 3 displays to game not just duplicate screens) but I don't want to connect and reconnect and this and that.

Is this possible? And if it is... what do I need to buy?

Thanks!!
You have three HDMI monitors. You want all three to be connected to two computers. Do these two computers each have three HDMI outputs ?

Alejolas

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
You have three HDMI monitors. You want all three to be connected to two computers. Do these two computers each have three HDMI outputs ?
Oh man ... I forgot to clarify that ... my gaming rig can can receive lots of connections with the video card. BUT my Mac only has ONE HDMI port and that's it.

TRENDING THREADS