Two identical 144hz monitors, different results

TheOtherUs

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I have two IIYAMA GB2788HS 144hz Monitors for both my pc's which have the same specs, but one performs well and the other feels a lot worse.
Any ideas on what could cause this?
I thought it might have to do with Nvidia settings but i've made both setups identical. Help is very appreciated !

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Are the screens roughly the same age and with the same usage?? LCD screen deteriorate over time, losing brightness amongst other things; if one is older, or had more use, you might be able to see the differences with the screens next to each other.

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
First, I have to say the prerequisite that these are somewhat sketchy monitors and a crapshoot.

Second, what do you mean by one feels off? That's very for a reader to quantify in terms of a monitor. Like one is running 144hz and one is 20hz?

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Different batches can come out with slightly different results, especially if they have substituted components along the way (happens more than you would like to know); however, are you sure it isnt just how the new screen has been calibrated?

Calibration on most cheaper screens IS a crapshoot, you could buy 3 with sequential serial numbers and find one set far too dark, one set far too bright, and the third wildly off on all settings.

USAFRet

Titan

Define "feels a lot worse".

I had 2 very nice HP IPS panels, bought as a set, almost sequential serial numbers.
No amount of messing with them, including a hardware colorimeter...would make them "equal".
They were always just a little bit different.