Two internet connections, but no internet connection

Foxhound7

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
When I boot up my computer, I have two internet connections, one Home and one Public. I can't access the internet while they're both active. The only way to get online is to disable and re-enable the wireless adapter. It's not difficult, just a pain. I'm hoping one of you might know how to fix it permanently. Thanks in advance!

-Ben

Solution
Just went through the same thing on my system -- disabling and reenabling the network interface will correct it until the next boot --- Found out it is a problem with a program from Apple that interferes with the loading if it runs prior to your network being connected ( it is a part of the Bonjour service included in I-tunes and Photoshop CS)- It started on my system shortly after reinstalling Photoshop CS -- To fix the problem you need to go into the system and change the service to a delayed startup (this makes the service wait a couple minutes before launching and gets rid of the conflict so your network will connect properly and the service will still launch properly.

To Set it to delayed press the windows key and R to bring up...

Foxhound7

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
Sorry it took so long to respond tot his. School and work got hectic for a bit.

I'm running the following...

Biostar A870 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz
Radeon HD 6850
500w PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
(I know most of that is extraneous but it never hurts to have too much information)

Just went through the same thing on my system -- disabling and reenabling the network interface will correct it until the next boot --- Found out it is a problem with a program from Apple that interferes with the loading if it runs prior to your network being connected ( it is a part of the Bonjour service included in I-tunes and Photoshop CS)- It started on my system shortly after reinstalling Photoshop CS -- To fix the problem you need to go into the system and change the service to a delayed startup (this makes the service wait a couple minutes before launching and gets rid of the conflict so your network will connect properly and the service will still launch properly.

To Set it to delayed press the windows key and R to bring up the Run box and type in Services.msc and press enter (Or type services.msc in the start box and select the services program it lists) -- this will open the Services box in that list find ##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (it is usually the top of the list ) - highlight it and right click - select Properties -- this will bring up a new properties box - about in the middle you will see a drop down box to select the Startup type in it select Automatic (Delayed Startup) -- press APPLY and OK - close the Services boxes and restart your system (things will now work properly since your network adapter will connect to the internet before that service launches so the problem will no longer happen !!)

Solution