Question Two ipad air 2 replacement batteries charge once and then won't recharge :(

costanza

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I replaced the battery in my ipad air 2 with a battery from amazon that had overall good reviews. I charged it to 100%, but it drained somewhat quickly from its first charge and then wouldn’t recharge a second time. Plugging in the cable would cause the screen to illuminate momentarily, so you would assume it was charging, but there was no charging icon on the battery icon.
I took out that battery and put in a second one. Again, it charged to 100%, but drained fairly quickly and when it got to about 50%, I tried charging it and I got the same result…no charging icon.
Anyone run into this situation before? I did restore the ipad software after each battery replacement. Thanks!

costanza

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I didn't see anything helpful in that post.
I've ordered a 3rd battery from a different source to try.
I read a review where someone had a similar experience where their battery charged once, but wouldn't recharge after that. He is an EE, so he opened up the battery and discovered the cells were fine, but some component(s) in the battery's protection circuit wasn't soldered correctly, causing his issue.

ASK THE COMMUNITY