Two ISP , shared devices , not shared internet bandwidth.

makistza

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
Greetings to all

We have in the home two different ISPs and two PCs.
We have some IP cameras and printers plus a NAS that we need to have access all of us.
I want to have access to all the cameras , nas and all printers between the two PCs simultaneously
but every PC must have its -- OWN -- ISP bandwidth.
Also this setup has to not causing any security or dns issues because the PCs are accessing ebanking.

The switch it’s the TL-SG2424P (and some other non-management switches but the extra equipment its not an issue) .

Can you please help me with that?

Thank you all

Solution
The somewhat simple way to do this is to hook both routers together. One you would let run as normal say on 192.168.1.1 The other you would turn off the DHCP and assign a IP like 192.168.1.2. For the machines using 192.168.1.1 you would do nothing specail. On the machines using 192.168.1.2 you would assign a static IP and set the gateway to this ip address.

You can also use the ROUTE command on the end pc to modify the 0.0.0.0 entry to change the gateway on the fly if your really want to.
The somewhat simple way to do this is to hook both routers together. One you would let run as normal say on 192.168.1.1 The other you would turn off the DHCP and assign a IP like 192.168.1.2. For the machines using 192.168.1.1 you would do nothing specail. On the machines using 192.168.1.2 you would assign a static IP and set the gateway to this ip address.

You can also use the ROUTE command on the end pc to modify the 0.0.0.0 entry to change the gateway on the fly if your really want to.

Solution

makistza

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
so i have to change the one of the two routers to 192.168.1.2 (the other is 192.168.1.1) so there are in the same network , ok.
and the default gateway of each pc to what? same to ip?

makistza

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
not a solution , the gateway of each device has to look at both routers
and each router has to have different gateway from each other.

Maybe if I add another router?

This is where having a basic understanding of how networks work helps. I would advise you configure it the way I suggested and then if it doesn't work for you ask questions.

Key is the device only use the gateway to talk outside the network they talk to each other directly not using the gateway at all.