Question Two issues with my PC

Sarahlancaster290

Commendable
May 7, 2020
My first issue is choppy 60 fps frame rates. I turned on Rivatuner, and I immediately noticed my frame times were spiking between 15 ms and 20ms nonstop. I'm guessing this is the reason why 62 fps feels very choppy. The game we are discussing is Warzone. In Warzone, you're unable to cap to a perfect 60 fps only 62 fps. The fps is stable at 62, but, as I said before, the frame time is not. VSync will automatically fix the choppiness, and frame time to a perfect, stable 16.6 ms, but I dislike the the huge input lag. I decided to turn off V-Sync and turn on Rivatuner fps limiter to 60 fps. Again, the frame times were stable, and although the input delay is better than V-Sync, I still disliked the input delay. My question is, what hardware component is causing unstable frame times? I have 12gb Ram. Rx 580 8b. An old, old i5 3570 4.2ghz (non-k) cpu. According to MSI, my cpu usage in game jumps from 80 to 95 percent usage all the time. My GPU is never stable at 100% usage, always jumping from100 to 0. I'm guessing my CPU is the reason for my unstable frame times, I just want some affirmation.

My second issue is screen tearing. I love screen tearing as it makes the game feel smoother as it hides the massive choppiness caused from unstable frame times. The problem is this: Screen tearing in game will only occur if I do a cold reboot twice on Windows startup. I cannot do a routine Windows 10 shut down or restart, the restart has to be done by a cold restart twice in a row. Why does this occur and how do I fix it to always have screen tearing?

Last edited:
My first issue is choppy 60 fps frame rates. I turned on Rivatuner, and I immediately noticed my frame times were spiking between 15 ms and 20ms nonstop. I'm guessing this is the reason why 62 fps feels very choppy. The game we are discussing is Warzone. In Warzone, you're unable to cap to a perfect 60 fps only 62 fps. The fps is stable at 62, but, as I said before, the frame time is not. VSync will automatically fix the choppiness, and frame time to a perfect, stable 16.6 ms, but I dislike the the huge input lag. I decided to turn off V-Sync and turn on Rivatuner fps limiter to 60 fps. Again, the frame times were stable, and although the input delay is better than V-Sync, I still disliked the input delay. My question is, what hardware component is causing unstable frame times? I have 12gb Ram. Rx 580 8b. An old, old i5 3570 4.2ghz (non-k) cpu. According to MSI, my cpu usage in game jumps from 80 to 95 percent usage all the time. My GPU is never stable at 100% usage, always jumping from100 to 0. I'm guessing my CPU is the reason for my unstable frame times, I just want some affirmation.

My second issue is screen tearing. I love screen tearing as it makes the game feel smoother as it hides the massive choppiness caused from unstable frame times. The problem is this: Screen tearing in game will only occur if I do a cold reboot twice on Windows startup. I cannot do a routine Windows 10 shut down or restart, the restart has to be done by a cold restart twice in a row. Why does this occur and how do I fix it to always have screen tearing?
You fix this buy getting a FreeSync monitor (if AMD) or a Gsync monitor or FreeSync that’s Gsync compatible if you’re on nvidia.

Sarahlancaster290

Commendable
May 7, 2020
If a Freesync monitor is required, why is a 6v6 match smooth and Warzone(150 player match) choppy? My frametimes are more stable in the smaller matches and offers a smoother experience. Wouldn't this indicate a CPU problem? Also, wouldn't FreeSync cause input lag?