Two Laptops One Router

Andrei Radulescu

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Hi guys,I recently brought my new laptop to home and I connected it to my wireless network.I ran a ping test and the ping was like 100+ms,which in my opinion is big.When I ran the ping test on the other laptop the ping was like 20ms.I don't know how to solve this problem and I need your help.

By the way:both laptops have WAN2-Personal and AES connection.What I noticed is that the two laptops have different Default Gateways.

If you need further information just comment.

Cheers!

Solution
If they have different default gateways then they may not be using the same router unless it supports wireless VLANs (like a guest network).

Are both laptops connecting on the same frequency (2.4 or 5GHz)? What model are the router and laptops?

Attach a laptop to the router with a cable and type the router gateway address into your browser and open the configuration pages and see if both laptops are listed as attached devices and if you have a guest network set up or dual band and the SSID(s) for your wireless.

HERE is a free wireless analyzer that you can download on one of your laptops to see all the wireless signals around you -- run it and look under the networks tab.

RealBeast

Titan
If they have different default gateways then they may not be using the same router unless it supports wireless VLANs (like a guest network).

Are both laptops connecting on the same frequency (2.4 or 5GHz)? What model are the router and laptops?

Attach a laptop to the router with a cable and type the router gateway address into your browser and open the configuration pages and see if both laptops are listed as attached devices and if you have a guest network set up or dual band and the SSID(s) for your wireless.

HERE is a free wireless analyzer that you can download on one of your laptops to see all the wireless signals around you -- run it and look under the networks tab.

Solution