[SOLVED] Two m.2 slots both taken up by two ssds in Raid 0, but want to clone data to 1tb SSD

dlee098

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
I have two m.2 slots in my laptop taken up by two 256gb ssds in raid 0. I want to upgrade to a 1tb nvme but would prefer not having to clean install Windows 10 and would also prefer not having to purchase an external m.2 ssd enclosure. Is that even possible, and if not, what would be the best way to go about doing that?

Is it maybe possible to move all of my data to one SSD, get rid of the raid 0, take out the unused SSD, then use Macrium Reflect to put the system image on to the new drive?

Appreciate the help and thanks in advance!

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer. So then if I'm not trying to spend money on an external enclosure, a clean install is my only option, is that right?
Correct.
The way to do what you seek would be to use Macrium to create an Image of the current system on some other drive.
Then put the new one in and recover that image to the new drive.

Lacking some other drive space, your only option is a clean install on the new drive.

dlee098

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
And the 'other drive' need not be an NVMe or similar. You can make that Image on any drive type o sufficient size.

Thank you for the reply! For some reason I had it stuck in my head that I needed to clone the image on another nvme drive. So any external HDD would work then, is that right?