[SOLVED] Two monitors (144Hz and 60Hz) but one feels laggy

jq0213

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
So I have two monitors, one is a 144Hz monitor and the second one is a 60Hz monitor. But for some reason the 60Hz monitor feels very laggy since I changed my first 60Hz to a 144Hz monitor.

Anyone knows why?

Solution
The key is 'feels', I would suspect.

It's one thing moving back & forth at different locations (say home & work)... but when you have two panels side by side, the step 'down' from 144Hz to 60Hz when dragging a window across etc, isn't too surprising.

To isolate whether the problem truly exists, is pretty difficult in this situation.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The key is 'feels', I would suspect.

It's one thing moving back & forth at different locations (say home & work)... but when you have two panels side by side, the step 'down' from 144Hz to 60Hz when dragging a window across etc, isn't too surprising.

To isolate whether the problem truly exists, is pretty difficult in this situation.

Solution

Crowii

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
''So I bought a 144hz monitor for a smoother experience and now my 60hz monitor feels like sandpaper in comparison.

Anyone knows why?''

... Jokes aside, plug out the 144hz monitor and run the 60hz one in standalone and see if there's any difference. Before this we can't tell you anything.

TRENDING THREADS