two monitors at 144 and 60hz

Thec0wkillez

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
I have two monitors, one running at 144hz and another at 60hz.
When I play games like League of Legends at 144hz, my FPS tends to drop.
I've been searching for solutions, and been checking my pc specs which is
Asus nvidia geforce gtx 970
8gb ram 1600mhz
i-5 3570k Cpu @ 3.40ghz
Asus p8z88-v lz
Is it my motherboard which is outaged to run these 2 monitors?

Help please
Sincerely Mark

Solution
That sounds *way* more normal. Granted, your monitor can't actually refresh fast enough for 388 frames, that makes way more sense. You shouldn't be having any bottleneck with that board. Glad to hear it's working now!

CraigN

Distinguished
Your motherboard should be fine.

How much is your FPS dropping?

Also, have you ever turned on Nvidia Shadowplay? The current Shadowplay drivers have issues with different monitor refresh rates. If you're experiencing some lag, try doing a clean install of your video drivers.

Thec0wkillez

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
IT's dropping from 144hz to the 80-100 then goes normal, and then drops again. And I haven't looked at the shadowplay, however I've just installed the graphic card and then formated my pc

CraigN

Distinguished
Is it fluctuating in that range during gameplay or just while sitting still, i.e. while standing on the fountain at the buy shop? 80-100 fps is normal during teamfights and the like. Make sure V-Sync is turned off ingame.

Thec0wkillez

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
It doesn't really matter where I stand, the fps just goes down and up, even while being at the fountain. However I'm not sure if i have v-sync on or off, I will check up on that

CraigN

Distinguished
If Vsync is on, this would be frame-capping you at 144 FPS. This will cause your video card to underclock itself since LoL isn't terribly demanding for a 970, which would give you your frame variance. With VSync off, your game will run uncapped, and you should see framerate closer to what you're expecting.

CraigN

Distinguished
That sounds *way* more normal. Granted, your monitor can't actually refresh fast enough for 388 frames, that makes way more sense. You shouldn't be having any bottleneck with that board. Glad to hear it's working now!

Solution