two monitors idk

Oct 2, 2018
So, i tried to connect my second monitor to my motherboard, and my first monitor witch is connected to gpu just goes blank and cant do anything

Solution
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitors:

How old is the PSU? How are the monitors connected to your system?
Oct 2, 2018
CPU:AMD FX(tm)-6350
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Ram:2X 8GB ram sticks
SSD/HDD: SanDisk SDSSDP065G
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
PSU: Aerocool Integrator 600 W
Chassis: idk
Monitors: As primary monitor i use tv btw, Samsung UE32D4003BW and second one Dell 1901fp.. and psu is 2 years old.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
You are plugging one into the motherboard and the other into the Graphics card?
You cant do that unfortunately, Either one or the other works but not at the same time, even for different monitors.
You have to plug both monitors into the same device, the one that is currently configured to drive the display in windows.

gaborbarla

Distinguished

Hi, it is great that you managed to resolve this. I have not been able to get this right on my work PC for years now. I am forced to use a VGA port for my second screen as a result. After your message I have tried to activate my onboard graphics which worked but I cannot get my old Nvidia graphics card then to display the second monitor contents.

I also know of quite a few people that could not get this to work, so I guess it does not always work, and it works differently with different graphics cards e.g. AMD. A generic on how to set this up would be welcome.