[SOLVED] Two monitors with different brands, but exact specifications

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
Greetings,
Quick question mate, I'm looking to buy an extra monitor for my PC. Right now, it has an LG-branded 1080p 22-inch 60Hz monitor (standard $150 affair). But, I can't find my model anymore, they're out of stock. However, there's a store near here that currently sells a Dell monitor with same resolution, size, and refresh rate (looking at the specs, that is). They didn't specify the input options though.

Now, provided the input is something that's available on my GPU, is it possible to do a dual-monitor setup with two different brands?
Many thanks,

Solution
if you try to play a game with dual monitors that are different specs, then it will cause some issues. but just running 2 of them for normal use won't be a problem.

higher resolution can make moving the mouse from one screen to the next kind of goofy as the corners may not line up causing "dead" spots where the mouse won't move off screen.

but otherwise they will both work. all 3 of mine are 1080p but i did have a 900p monitor for a long time and had no issue. right now i have an ips monitor mixed with a va panel and a 1080p tv. no issue with all running at once. ips is a 60 hz and va is a 144 hz, with tv being 120 hz. no problem at all with the mix :)

just make sure you have the right inputs or get the right adapters to be able...

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
no problem at all. i have 3 monitors and none are the same brand.

gpu does not care about the brand it only is worried about sending out the signal

Alright then, good to hear. Anyways, just curious, what if the second monitor is a different type? Say, different screen sizes or different resolution? Would the image come out okay or maybe the monitors implode on themselves?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you try to play a game with dual monitors that are different specs, then it will cause some issues. but just running 2 of them for normal use won't be a problem.

higher resolution can make moving the mouse from one screen to the next kind of goofy as the corners may not line up causing "dead" spots where the mouse won't move off screen.

but otherwise they will both work. all 3 of mine are 1080p but i did have a 900p monitor for a long time and had no issue. right now i have an ips monitor mixed with a va panel and a 1080p tv. no issue with all running at once. ips is a 60 hz and va is a 144 hz, with tv being 120 hz. no problem at all with the mix :)

just make sure you have the right inputs or get the right adapters to be able to hook up the multiple monitors. if the site does not list inputs, then google the model number and find its product page for that info. better to know before buying in case it won't work for you. some cheap models can come with minimal inputs and might not be the ones you need.

Solution