News Two New Game Bundles Arrive for Ryzen and Radeon Buyers

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Knowing that some of the money from a 3900X purchase will go to support Gearbox and Take 2 makes me not want one anymore. I do NOT want to financially support those companies given their shady antics. No, the included games are not "free" -- they're at "no additional cost" which means it's baked into MSRP.

I do not like seeing AMD support companies that deplatform YouTubers, harass family members of modders via repeated phone calls, and send goons out to peoples' homes to intimidate them. I'd rather see AMD offer a rebate, game store credit, or other games.

Knowing that some of the money from a 3900X purchase will go to support Gearbox and Take 2 makes me not want one anymore. I do NOT want to financially support those companies given their shady antics. No, the included games are not "free" -- they're at "no additional cost" which means it's baked into MSRP.

I do not like seeing AMD support companies that deplatform YouTubers, harass family members of modders via repeated phone calls, and send goons out to peoples' homes to intimidate them. I'd rather see AMD offer a rebate, game store credit, or other games.

Yea the whole Epic exclusive thing has really changed my mind of Gearbox. Not the exclusive thing, I can wait, just the way they handled it and their CEOs management of it really put me off when it came to the game. And I love Borderlands.

I don't blame AMD though. The majority of gamers don't care and they need to offer games that will entice people. Their performance is good but not good enough to pull people (GPU wise that is) so they offer popular games. I remember getting them when I bought ATI mostly. Was a nice extra.

I don't know for sure how their deal with the developers works out, but it may not be as simple as that. It could very well be that AMD only pays for game codes that are actually redeemed. At the very least, I doubt they are paying anywhere close to full retail price for each code. Probably more along the lines of bargain-bin pricing. And in the case of the Xbox Game Pass for PC, they might not even pay anything, or pay next to nothing, since it's pretty much a trial for a subscription service that Microsoft wants to get people hooked on who may not have tried it otherwise. Of course, it's hard to say for sure.

Ryzen 7 3700x is on the wrong tier on the table. It gives only 1 of the 2 games.
It also sounds like the CPU bundle is for The Outer Worlds and/or Borderlands 3, but the chart lists the same bundle as the GPU one, with Ghost Recon Breakpoint.