Question Two new games I installed freeze on startup every single time. Please help!

Mondeezy

Honorable
Jul 24, 2016
I installed Apex Legends yesterday, and was having a blast playing a few games. I booted up the PC again this morning and for some reason I am unable to even make it past the EA-intro screen.

The game freezes on the intro screen every time (sometimes a second before/after), with the exception of the one time I was able to get it running.

Any potential fixes? I was really enjoying the game, super bummed out that I can't even get it started today. I tried the repair feature but no luck so far. I also ran a SFC /scannow but that didn't seem to do much either. I've noticed that the Apex Legends CPU Usage % goes from like 1% -> 35% -> slowly dies off to 0.1% during this sequence.

Specs:

* Windows version: Windows 10 64-bit

* GPU: GTX 1070

* CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.0 ghz

* RAM: 16GB

* Install Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apex Legends

* SSD or HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

This is not the first time it has happened, it also happened with Call of Duty Black Ops 4. I can run other games like Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Dota 2 just fine. But with these newer games there seems to be an issue (DirectX? RAM? No idea).

Any insight would be appreciated - thanks!

TRENDING THREADS