Question Two or three very small water droplets got splashed on bottom of laptop screen ?

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
I dropped my water bottle on the floor and it kind of splashed upwards all over my table including very little water droplets on the bottom of my screen while it was asleep.

I wiped off water with microfiber cloth from the bottom of my screen as fast as I could and I don't see anymore water, I turned on the laptop screen and it's working fine, no dead pixels or any distortion.

Are there generally any other safety measures I should take or is this ok?

If any water did get UNDER the monitor screen, albeit I bet it was VERY little, will this clear out by itself overtime and if not is it okay to leave it? Would I even notice it's effects later on?

For reference just enough water was here to be seen and wiped off: https://prnt.sc/1uk7owi

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If I were you, I'd leave the laptop with the lid opened up and the device powered off, under a fan to help with evaporating any residual water drops on the laptop, in case you might've missed any. I'd lave it alone for now if the laptop is working as it should but yeah, best be safe/sure by letting the laptop dry instead of firing it up.

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
If I were you, I'd leave the laptop with the lid opened up and the device powered off, under a fan to help with evaporating any residual water drops on the laptop, in case you might've missed any. I'd lave it alone for now if the laptop is working as it should but yeah, best be safe/sure by letting the laptop dry instead of firing it up.
The only water that might have seeped on was on the monitor albeit very little if any at all. Everything works fine, I don't think having a fan under it will do anything since the monitor is not connected to the base.

In this case will the water likely just go away on it's own and nothing will happen long term even if it stays?