Question Two problems with PC: It freezes or it restarts and doesn't boot again.

Relzo

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Hello, thanks in advance to any answer.

This two problems happen at very random times, the freezes can happen while I'm AFK, while gaming and even when signing into Windows and usually I get about 3-4 freezes in a day (16 hours).
Freezes have been happening under different situations:
  • While playing a heavy game (COD Warzone)
  • While browsing on work-related analytics tools or watching cat images lol.
  • While playing non-heavy games like Undertale.
  • After typing my windows password.
I have left my PC with a game open for more than two hours without issues and sometimes the freezes happens 5 minutes after launching a game.

The restarts (not sure if per se) happens while I'm usually playing games, browsing or leaving the PC idle, but after this happens the last thing I see its the "no signal" message and there is no boot (neither mobo logo, or beeps.. just a plain black screen). I get this issue 1-2 times per day.

I changed MOBO, RAM (8gb), PSU and SSD in the past two months to fix this issue and my last two options are GPU and CPU, which one should I try to change first? I don't have a way to check which one is failing (and the test I have done with GPU/CPU tools are very random) I have to purchase one. Which of the two are my best shot to solve this issues?

About one year of usage:
Current GPU: Radeon RX 480
Current CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X

Relzo

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
This is the current setup I'm running.
Mobo: Askrock a320m pro4
RAM: 8GB Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 Vengeance DRAM DDR4 3000 MHz
PSU: OCZ ZX 850 Series 850 W 80+ Gold
SSD: Kingston Digital SA400S37/240G Solid State Drive (SSD) 240GB, SATA III, 2.5
GPU: Radeon RX 480
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X

Last edited: