Two Program Files (x86)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldKingCobra

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015
In my secondary drive I just noticed that somehow a second Program File (x86) folder popped up.

Both Program Files (x86) folders contain the same things and I never created the second one, nor can I delete either.

If I try to delete one of the two similar files it first ask's for administrator permission (I am administrator) and then it loads again and says that I know need permission from "SYSTEM"

Whats happening and how do I go back to normal?

UPDATE:
The second program files folder has all the program folders in it but when I try to open any further
I get the following error message:

Vs1rg4D.png

So I went it the properties of the second Program Files (x86) (the one not working and never made) and it said that it takes up 0 bytes. Now I know that this is a bunch f empty folders but why can't I delete them I (I am admin)?

Solution
You can't have two folders with the same name in the same location. Either you aren't explaining the situation correctly or you need to restart the machine to let the glitch fix itself.

noriel

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
It is a system folders/files, dont do anything on it. This usually happens when you have 64bit OS and installed some 32bit apps. ProgramFiles for x64 apps and 32bit apps will be on ProgramFiles(x86)

Sounds like you either put in a disk that already had windows on it and it's bugging your system out, or you mapped your c drive to d and then unmapped it. If it's the second, just restart the computer (after making sure you didn't unmap the c drive) and it should clear itself out.

GoldKingCobra

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015

I have a D drive the two Program Files (x86) are on the D drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.