Question Two Question about XMP Voltages and Above 4G Mem on my rig.

Aug 23, 2016
Sorry, as I know their is likely a detailed guide somewhere for all this (problem being detailed and me being a.d.h.d lol)

First Specs:

Intel Core i7-7700K@4.2
MSI Z270 GAMING M7
2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro@3000
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC2
EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (Win 7/10 Pro x64)

I use either of those drives usually and at least 1 hot swap of my three Toshiba P300 1TB HDD as well, if not an SSD, two of the HDDs.

I generally run Windows 7 Pro x64 most of the time.

Two questions:

Thia may not be overclocking based like my other question, but flat out I haven't found any simple answer to this anywhere in lamen terms.

I have an 8GB Graphic Card, should I be turning on "Above 4G Memory/Crypto Currency mining" in my Mobo? Some apps only show 4GB of ram for my card, but I also got a bsod the first time I tried it after windows was installed for awhile. I don't understand if its for generally above 4Gigs of memory or for Crypto Mining, as I don't do that.

Second Question:

I have 32GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @3000Mhz I swapped out my regular Corsair Vengeance @2666 (building a second rig) and it makes Command Center give me voltage alerts for my CPU SA (IIRC) Voltage and my PCH Voltage in general when I turn on XMP. The DDR Voltage itself goes from 1.200 to 1.360 which was technically supposed to be 1.35, but the mobo does that itself.

But I see different signs of bad alerts all over, I can adjust the voltage in my BIOS to the "Safe Max" Command Center shows me (but I get errors in my event viewer about single cores skipping or something of the sort--I won't be trying again myself lol) or set DRAM VREF Control to either Auto / By CPU/ By HW, which I haven't attempted yet since I can't afford any permanent damage atm.

Can a part of my rig just not handle it? or am I just a newb pushing his luck by trying to set the Voltage myself at Command Centers suggested safety levels? (I have seen Command Center wrong many times heh)

I have no idea what have those Voltage Terms stand for in all honesty.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

Last thing I need is to hunt down another Windows 7 capable Intel chip

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS