Question Two RAM sticks with different frequency, but same capacity and manufacturer, what will happen?

Apr 16, 2022
So... I have 2 RAM sticks, I'm going to replace one of them with the another one because I have a faulty RAM stick. So I'm going to buy a RAM stick from the same manufacturer but it has a different frequency (my current sticks have 2666 and this one has 3200), what will happen? Capacity and manufacturer are the same. Will it be possible to change their both frequency to 2666 or 3200? I am not really interested in the topic of overclocking, I just want my PC to work stable and I did not find the RAM stick I have but with 2666 mhz. Also, would my PC even boot? My CPU is Ryzen 7 2700 and MB is MSI A320-M A Pro. Cheers

So... I have 2 RAM sticks, I'm going to replace one of them with the another one because I have a faulty RAM stick. So I'm going to buy a RAM stick from the same manufacturer but it has a different frequency (my current sticks have 2666 and this one has 3200), what will happen? Capacity and manufacturer are the same. Will it be possible to change their both frequency to 2666 or 3200? I am not really interested in the topic of overclocking, I just want my PC to work stable and I did not find the RAM stick I have but with 2666 mhz. Also, would my PC even boot? My CPU is Ryzen 7 2700 and MB is MSI A320-M A Pro. Cheers
In theory the 3200 clocks down to 2666 and everybody is happy.

In the real world you won't know until you try it.