Question Two Rams with different Frequencies

Dec 4, 2019
Hey Guys, so I have two RAMs of corsair, one 1333Mhz and other 1600 Mhz. I was using them for quite some time. Then I didn't use my PC at all for about a year. So funny thing is now my bios shows only one ram. Individually installed it shows both of them, but when I put both the sticks together. Only one is shown in bios. I'm confused?!

Lutfij

Titan
Best list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I also don't like mixing and matching rams since it only leads to hair pulling or grey hair or both!

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Reactions: ledzep9012

Endre

Upstanding
Apr 30, 2019
Hey Guys, so I have two RAMs of corsair, one 1333Mhz and other 1600 Mhz. I was using them for quite some time. Then I didn't use my PC at all for about a year. So funny thing is now my bios shows only one ram. Individually installed it shows both of them, but when I put both the sticks together. Only one is shown in bios. I'm confused?!
That’s not so surprising.
Those 2 modules are not compatible with each other.
You should have a kit of 2 identical modules.

Dec 4, 2019
Best list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I also don't like mixing and matching rams since it only leads to hair pulling or grey hair or both!

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?
CPU: AMD FX4100
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+
Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB 1333MHz, Corsair Value Select 4GB 1600Mhz
SSD/HDD: Kingston A400 240GB + Seagate 250GB
GPU: GTX 750TI
PSU: Corsair VS550
Chassis: Generic Circle Cabinet

I'm not sure about the bios update, but as I stated the exact same config was working earlier only thing changed is reinstallation of GPU and Storage drives to motherboard after a year.

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2019
That’s not so surprising.
Those 2 modules are not compatible with each other.
You should have a kit of 2 identical modules.
I read somewhere then it just scales down the RAM with lower config and runs. And it was the case earlier it was working as expected. Thanks!

Endre

Upstanding
Apr 30, 2019
I read somewhere then it just scales down the RAM with lower config and runs. And it was the case earlier it was working as expected. Thanks!
Yeah. Generally it scales down and works that way. But there’s no 100% guarantee in that (especially on the long term).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts