Question Two Rams with different Frequencies

Dec 4, 2019
Hey Guys, so I have two RAMs of corsair, one 1333Mhz and other 1600 Mhz. I was using them for quite some time. Then I didn't use my PC at all for about a year. So funny thing is now my bios shows only one ram. Individually installed it shows both of them, but when I put both the sticks together. Only one is shown in bios. I'm confused?!

Endre

Reputable
Hey Guys, so I have two RAMs of corsair, one 1333Mhz and other 1600 Mhz. I was using them for quite some time. Then I didn't use my PC at all for about a year. So funny thing is now my bios shows only one ram. Individually installed it shows both of them, but when I put both the sticks together. Only one is shown in bios. I'm confused?!

That’s not so surprising.
Those 2 modules are not compatible with each other.
You should have a kit of 2 identical modules.

Dec 4, 2019
Best list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I also don't like mixing and matching rams since it only leads to hair pulling or grey hair or both!

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?
CPU: AMD FX4100
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+
Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB 1333MHz, Corsair Value Select 4GB 1600Mhz
SSD/HDD: Kingston A400 240GB + Seagate 250GB
GPU: GTX 750TI
PSU: Corsair VS550
Chassis: Generic Circle Cabinet

I'm not sure about the bios update, but as I stated the exact same config was working earlier only thing changed is reinstallation of GPU and Storage drives to motherboard after a year.

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2019
That’s not so surprising.
Those 2 modules are not compatible with each other.
You should have a kit of 2 identical modules.
I read somewhere then it just scales down the RAM with lower config and runs. And it was the case earlier it was working as expected. Thanks!