News Two RX 5500 XT's Listed on Amazon for Pre-Order

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I know the Nitro+ SE is a premium card, I would guess the Thicc II Pro is as well?

Premium cards, and pre-release prices, are one thing, though. Once it comes to official release, AMD does NOT really have room to screw this up - if this is going to have performance around equal to the RX 580, then CAN'T sell for more than the 1650 Super, for the majority of models that come out for the 5500XT.

InvalidError

Titan
if this is going to have performance around equal to the RX 580, then CAN'T sell for more than the 1650 Super, for the majority of models that come out for the 5500XT.
It may just be retailers wanting to fleece buyers who are desperate to get one of these for Xmas and don't want to take chances with out-of-stock on day-one tomorrow.

My guess is that these things are meant to go up against the 1660, as such these prices do not look good for AMD... The 5500 XT should be closer to $200. At these prices you'd think these cards would be going up against the 1660 Super, but it doesn't make much sense with how close the 1660S's performance is to the 5700 non-XT version... it also makes no sense given that the RX 590 is pretty darn close to the 1660 already and it priced much better.

All this does is make me ask "WHAT EVEN IS THIS CARD!?"... which I will be waiting anxiously till the reviews drop to find out.

Honestly, the mid range card market is a mess of cards right now with minor performance increases from model to model. I'm honestly not sure if it is good for consumers or not. On one hand you can more easily find a card that offers performance that seems to scale to how much money you have in your pocket, on the other hand you need to KNOW what you are getting and that is getting harder and harder with how many different models are on the market right now.