[SOLVED] Two Seperate internet connections

Blasphemy_

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2012
I currently have 2 internet connections. The main one is DSL and use it only for online gaming and the second one is a broadband wan connection only for streaming and browsing.

The DSL is plugged with ethernet and and the WAN with wifi adapter, which means I always disconnect the one on my machine depending what kind of services Im currently using.

Is there any way to have them both on at the same time and assign DSL only for online gaming and the WAN only for browsing/streaming?

Solution
Yes but it is messy.

First step is to change the subnet mask so your 2 networks are different. One of the connections you want to send most your traffic to. That you need run the standard dhcp configuration. On the secondary internet you need to assign a static IP to your machine and be sure you leave the default network blank.

Doing this everything will run on the primary network. To make things run on the second connection you need to use the ROUTE command and add lists of ip addresses you want to use the secondary gateway.
Yes but it is messy.

First step is to change the subnet mask so your 2 networks are different. One of the connections you want to send most your traffic to. That you need run the standard dhcp configuration. On the secondary internet you need to assign a static IP to your machine and be sure you leave the default network blank.

Doing this everything will run on the primary network. To make things run on the second connection you need to use the ROUTE command and add lists of ip addresses you want to use the secondary gateway.

Reactions: Blasphemy_
Solution