Two sets of complete Windows files

Bruce_22

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I had some issues with one of SSDs that was used as the boot disk(missing bootmgr, probably corrupt files somewhere), it was formatted in RAID0. It didn't work so I deleted the RAID. Short story is that it wasn't working so I reinstalled Windows onto a different SSD. When I got into it the windows files were still on the old SSD and the apps worked. However I already re downloaded windows and don't need any of the files. My main question is, is it ok to just mass delete all the files, because Windows thinks since it has some boot files they are important but I'm never gonna realistically use the files. It is just a waste of 30+Gb. I'm worried that somehow Windows might screw something up when I delete them.

Solution
Well then delete the windows.old in drive C and remember if you have any personal files in that old windows file to get those out if you do before you delete it. Then typically the C drive is the drive that has the OS on it, so make sure that the drive C is the one recognized to boot first in bios and then remove all windows on drive E. You should just have 1 windows file and that should be in your boot drive, which again is typically C.

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Well then delete the windows.old in drive C and remember if you have any personal files in that old windows file to get those out if you do before you delete it. Then typically the C drive is the drive that has the OS on it, so make sure that the drive C is the one recognized to boot first in bios and then remove all windows on drive E. You should just have 1 windows file and that should be in your boot drive, which again is typically C.

Solution