Question Two touch screens connected, left screen working, but touching right screen moves the mouse to the left screen

Feb 6, 2023
I am running Windows 11 Pro 22H2, latest version with all Windows updates installed. Two monitors are connected via the integrated GPU. Both monitors are identical models. They are 4K monitors with touch screens. One is connected via HDMI and the other via DP, since those are the output ports available in the PC, and both are also connected via USB to enable the touch functionality. The latest drivers are installed for the GPU, for both monitors, and for all other hardware components and peripherals.

The monitors are placed side by side, and I want to use them together as one wide "whiteboard". Under Display settings, I selected "Extend these displays", and chose the left one as the main screen.

Here is the problem. The left (main) screen works as expected: when I touch the screen, the mouse moves to the place where I touched. However, when I touch the right (non-main) screen, it moves the mouse to the corresponding spot on the left screen. For example, touching the top-left corner of the right screen moves the mouse to the top-left corner of the left screen.

If I change the settings so that the right screen is the main one, the opposite happens. So this doesn't seem to be a connection issue. It seems that when Windows detects a touch at coordinates (x,y) on either of the two screens it simply moves the mouse to coordinates (x,y) on the main screen, which is obviously not what's supposed to happen, as it makes it impossible to use the non-main touch screen.

I did an extensive search on Google and here on Super User, and I already did everything that was suggested, including reinstalling the latest versions of all the relevant drivers and installing all the latest Windows updates.

In addition, many websites and forums recommend going to Control Panel - Tablet PC Settings - Setup and then touching each screen when prompted. But the problems is that when I touch the right screen, it counts as touching the left screen, so this procedure is absolutely useless! There is no way to let Windows know that the right screen is also a touch screen, because that would require actually being able to touch that screen and having that register as a touch on the right screen...

This is driving me absolutely crazy. I spent an entire day trying to fix this and failed miserably. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS