[SOLVED] Two Users One Computer? (Two keyboards, two mice, independent functions?)

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
I'm not sure this is the right thread. But I run a tech lab for middleschool students. The way the lab works is that students get into pairs and share the same computer. The school is strict on their budget and needs justifications and yadda yadda. But I do have full control of software and material learned in class. I was wondering if there was some way to have two keyboards and mice function separately from one another. Without any kind of virtualization either. My idea was to run a separate monitor so one student can work on the project and the other documents and writes the report. I don't know if Linux cracked the idea already or what. I'm just trying to be budget efficient. Even if I have to pay and download software to do this function, that would help me too. Thanks!

Solution
I think a virtual machine would be the only option you have at this point. Also, I don't think it's practical to have two sets of monitors and peripherals being used by two individuals unless they're seated 10 feet apart.

Lutfij

Titan
I think a virtual machine would be the only option you have at this point. Also, I don't think it's practical to have two sets of monitors and peripherals being used by two individuals unless they're seated 10 feet apart.

Solution