[SOLVED] Two Warped MSI Motherboards - In A Row ShouldI Install?

speeed

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Wow. I literally sent my first MSI MPG Z290 back today because it was warped. It was so bad the plate would not fit on the rear I/O panel. I decided to give MSI the benefit of the doubt so I ordered a replacement. My new one showed up today literally after I came back from the UPS store to send back the frist one. The now one showed up in a clear plastic bag with no secondary box with another properly boxed item my daughter ordered; it was just the motherboard box with a shipping label on it. The box was not even taped shut.
I contacted MSI Customer Service to work this out but I have not heard back yet. What makes this more frustrating is the user has to jump through 2 dozen hoops to file a ticket claim. They will be hearing from me for sure. I don't think I will be buying MSI products again. I ordered through Amazon and I think this one is going back too. I have not build a system in awhile, is this normal for motherboards?

The top one is the one I received today. The bottom one is the one I sent back:

auH102b.jpg

UbYxlWP.jpg

Solution
Not normal at all, MSI was known for poor QC with their older motherboards, looks like it may still be the case.
I would the second board on amazon though. Sounds like that second one was a return (no proper packaging)

Latest posts