[SOLVED] Two windows on two hard drives laptop

Arnold97

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
Hello guys!!
SSD is my main hard disk and HDD is in caddy case. SSD is the one that windows always boots in.
I have a little problem. I have two hard drives one SSD and one HDD both with separate windows. I got the caddy case to insert hard drive instead of cd-rom. Whenever I insert and run HDD everything looks like is working fine and when I turn it off and straight away turn on SSD it works fine. When I leave it overnight next day SSD doesn't boot into windows, you can troubleshoot as much as you want it doesnt' help and the only option left is to reinstall windows. Usually it says there is a problem with running windows.
Maybe I don't know how to install windows?

PS. Once i turned on HDD and only kept it on for like 5 minutes after that SSD was completely fine.

I can guarantee 100% there is gonna be someone asking oooooh why you need two windows 10. One is used for downloading stuff from unreliable sources and playing games and other one will be for important stuff that I don't want viruses to get to.

Thanks for help guys!!!
Have a great day!

USAFRet

Titan
If both drives are physically connected, and you don't take extra pains to Unmount the "important drive"....any virus on the cheesy drive can easily affect data on the "important drive".

As far as not wanting to boot properly...look into the sleep settings for the "CD/DVD" port.
That HDD may be asleep to much.

Please show us a screencap of the Disk Management window, identifying both drives.

Arnold97

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
If both drives are physically connected, and you don't take extra pains to Unmount the "important drive"....any virus on the cheesy drive can easily affect data on the "important drive".

As far as not wanting to boot properly...look into the sleep settings for the "CD/DVD" port.
That HDD may be asleep to much.

Please show us a screencap of the Disk Management window, identifying both drives.

What do you mean sleep setting. If it's just when computer when it goes to sleep then on HDD It never go to sleep. Disk managment window I will upload tomorrow

Arnold97

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
Was the OS installed on each of these drives with ONLY that particular one connected?

What are ALL the specs of this system?
Make/model/size, etc.

my laptop is this one https://business.currys.co.uk/catal...5-6-laptop-star-wars-special-edition/N149709W

I'm not sure if it was installed separately. I think that might be the problem why it's happening. I'll find out hopefully tomorrow. I can't dismantle laptop myself, my friend did this for me . I can do basic things like reinstall windows or change something in bios (remove somthing simple like cd rom)

I reinstalled windows to SSD without HDD like 5 times if that helps.

Last edited: