Question Two wireless connections condensed to one

May 21, 2019
Hi, I'm a new kid on the block and I've got a project that's stumping me if someone could help out. I have two wireless input connections and need to condense it down to one network. A colleague mentioned certain travel routers could do this but I do not quite understand how. My thought was to do a promiscuous router but was hoping somebody had a better solution.

If it matters, my input networks are a GlobalStar Go and an ADB-S receiver. I need to connect the electronic flight bag which is an Android tablet.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
You will have to pardon the the basic restatement of your question, since I am not a pilot ...

You have a satellite connection (Globalstar Go)
and and ADB-S radio receiver.

You want to get that data via WIFI (???) to an android tablet.

What connectivity options do the globalstar and ADB-S have for outputs? USB? Ethernet? Bluetooth?

May 21, 2019
You will have to pardon the the basic restatement of your question, since I am not a pilot ...

You have a satellite connection (Globalstar Go)
and and ADB-S radio receiver.

You want to get that data via WIFI (???) to an android tablet.

What connectivity options do the globalstar and ADB-S have for outputs? USB? Ethernet? Bluetooth?
Thanks for responding, Kanewolf :) The way it is set up doesn't make total sense to me. By my understanding, the ADB-S receiver receives the radio waves and rebroadcasts it as the standard 2.4 GHz for the sake of the tablet. Functionally, that is the case anyways. The ADB-S and tablet are standard but the satellite connection throws in a twist.

In essence, it really is just two wireless networks that I need to connect to at the same time. Without any ethernet ports or other connection types, I was having a hard time of how to combine it into a single network. The other thought was channel bonding if I was able to figure out the frequencies that the two devices are broadcasting on.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts