[SOLVED] Two Xeon e5530's versus one i5 6600k?

Jul 19, 2020
So, I stumbled across two xeon e5530's. I already have a full build that's an i5-6600k and it serves me well with some light gaming (I have a 1060 3gb). However, I've had the computer for about 3 or 4 years and I wanted to do some content creation with possibly unity or blender. I'm also, trying to do gain some IT certs like the new CCNA, and possibly any comptia certs higher than sec+ (till CASP, I have sys501). So I'm wondering if I could just make it into a simple vm server and spend most of my monetary efforts towards a catalyst Cisco server or server/router bundle for labs.

Solution
So, I stumbled across two xeon e5530's. I already have a full build that's an i5-6600k and it serves me well with some light gaming (I have a 1060 3gb). However, I've had the computer for about 3 or 4 years and I wanted to do some content creation with possibly unity or blender. I'm also, trying to do gain some IT certs like the new CCNA, and possibly any comptia certs higher than sec+ (till CASP, I have sys501). So I'm wondering if I could just make it into a simple vm server and spend most of my monetary efforts towards a catalyst Cisco server or server/router bundle for labs.
Those CPUs are 10 years old. They are low clock speed, general purpose CPUs. If you want them to play with for lab, they would work. They won't be...

kanewolf

Titan
Those CPUs are 10 years old. They are low clock speed, general purpose CPUs. If you want them to play with for lab, they would work. They won't be very productive for content creation.

Solution

Latest posts