[SOLVED] .txt file inside a folder grew to 706GB!!!

wildjake4

Honorable
Oct 23, 2017
So, I had noticed my new SSD had lost literally all of its space (down to 0 bytes). I initially couldn't find anything taking up the files, so I uninstalled a few games and that freed up some space.

I was still confused so I ended up download Treesize and found that a log inside ProgramData under my Sennheiser folder was taking up 706 gigabytes of data. I ended up deleting it and my space went back down but I'm still so darn confused, it was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen.

Any idea what this could be?

(my apologies if this is posted in the wrong section)

Solution
So, I had noticed my new SSD had lost literally all of its space (down to 0 bytes). I initially couldn't find anything taking up the files, so I uninstalled a few games and that freed up some space.

I was still confused so I ended up download Treesize and found that a log inside ProgramData under my Sennheiser folder was taking up 706 gigabytes of data. I ended up deleting it and my space went back down but I'm still so darn confused, it was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen.

It sounds like whatever software you are running related to Sennheiser (I assume you are running software related to Sennheiser correct?) might be the culprit.
So after...

It sounds like whatever software you are running related to Sennheiser (I assume you are running software related to Sennheiser correct?) might be the culprit.
So after you deleted it...did you run the Sennheiser software again....and did it create the file again?
If you didn't do this....I would do this.
Then if it creates it again....I would open it while it's small just to see what's in it.
That might give you a clue as to how to stop it from being created.

Solution

wildjake4

Honorable
Oct 23, 2017
So after you deleted it...did you run the Sennheiser software again....and did it create the file again?
If you didn't do this....I would do this.
Then if it creates it again....I would open it while it's small just to see what's in it.
That might give you a clue as to how to stop it from being created.
As soon as I saw that it was sennheiser causing the issue I deleted it ASAP, everything has been fine since, so I guess it was the software