[SOLVED] Type Of VR

tenukpcgame

Commendable
Sep 3, 2018
Hi,

I'm new in VR environment. Can suggest which VR set is suitable for me ( i dont want valve index set as i see it in linustech, its so expensive! )?

I want to play it on pc. i have steam. My room is not big but not small.

My pc spec is:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Rtx 2070s
16 gb ram 3200
1440p 144hz monitor & 1080p 60hz monitor

Any kind of VR games will do for me. I never play vr games before.

Not sure if my pc spec can handle VR.

Solution
Yes you can handle VR.

As far as what headset thats up to you.

The Ocuclus Quest and Rift S are the "budget options" If you have a gaming computer such as yours I woudl suggest the Rift S, although it seems like Oculus is neglecting it because of the success of the all in one Quest.

Next mid tier would be the HTC Vive.

And then the best would probably be the Valve Index.

Again it comes down to price, they all have their pros and cons but mainly the deciding factor for most is cost. HP also has their own VR Headset coming out but I dont know when exactly that will be.
Yes you can handle VR.

As far as what headset thats up to you.

The Ocuclus Quest and Rift S are the "budget options" If you have a gaming computer such as yours I woudl suggest the Rift S, although it seems like Oculus is neglecting it because of the success of the all in one Quest.

Next mid tier would be the HTC Vive.

And then the best would probably be the Valve Index.

Again it comes down to price, they all have their pros and cons but mainly the deciding factor for most is cost. HP also has their own VR Headset coming out but I dont know when exactly that will be.

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
For budget I would look for the original Rift (CV1) with at least two sensors and touch controllers on the used market for like $250.

Skip the Rift S. Too many issues.

For the next level up you have the Quest which you can use in PC mode via Link Cable new (if you can find one retail) for $400

Outside of Oculus, you have the original HTC Vive with two base stations and wands, preferably for $250 to $300 as well used market.

Scaling up to higher end, you have the HP Reverb G2 for $600 new.

Beyond that is the $1000 experiences offered by Valve and HTC with the Valve Index, and the HTC Cosmos Elite (skip the original Cosmos, that was a dumpster fire of a headset)

For a mid tier option on the HTC side you have the HTC Vive Pro (I suggest used for like $400 to $450 at most if you can snag that. Again, with two base stations and wands)

All prices and options based on USD and in the US.

Other even more budget options would be the old HP and Lenovo WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) headsets with controllers for like $150. But those are pretty bad when compared to the original Rift.

I personally went the budget route and bought a used original Rift (CV1) which came with two sensors and touch controllers for $250, then bought two more sensors for perfect 360 degree tracking in my room, but 4 sensors is not necessary. 2 sensors will get the job done, and 3 sensors will offer a bit more accuracy.

My play space is about 9 feet by 6 feet.

Reactions: Wolfshadw

TRENDING THREADS