Types of SSds

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Hi,
I want to ask that how many types of SSDs are there available now?
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi
8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000MHz
I heared that there are three types of SSDs namely SATA III, M.2 & NVMe OR PCIe!
Now I want to know that what is the difference between them and which is better for normal daily uses and gaming purpose! Which SSD supported by my mobo?
I read a lot of articles about them but still cannot understand what is the main difference between them!
So I need a simple wording answer instead of using complicated wording!
Thanks

Essentially there are two form factors, and one of those form factors comes in two flavors.

First is standard 2.5" SATA drives. Smaller than HDDs but connect the same, these SSDs have dropped in price greatly recently, only ~110 bucks for a 1TB drive. They are vastly faster than HDDs, and great for a gaming system.

Next is the M.2 drives. These are a form factor, just like 2.5", but are the "stick" looking ones that go into the motherboard.
These also come in SATA variants, perform the same as above, so just buy the above. The other variant is NVME, which uses the PCIe interface and run exceedingly fast. However, these speeds are wasted on a gaming system.

While M.2 NVME drives are great on paper with their impressive specs, they wont make much of a difference to an average user.
Unless youre moving huge files on a regular basis, a standard 2.5" SATA SSD is fine.

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018

Thanks for the best answer!
Which is good manufacturer of the SSD?