Status
Not open for further replies.
This started a couple of weeks ago I estimate & is driving me nuts.

I've tried to track it down & can't find anything that's causing it.

The pc will work absolutely normally from boot & at some point (I'm not sure as it seems to be random) I will suddenly get huge input lag when typing - in any program .
Be it command prompts, firefox,chrome,notepad etc. Absolutely everywhere.
I assumed to begin with that this problem was down to my Logitech wireless keyboard.
I've since tried a wired ps2 keyboard, wired USB keyboard , Bluetooth keyboard ,even the inbuilt onscreen keyboard.
The outcome is exactly the same ,I get toughly a 1 second lag on every letter typed rendering the PC unusable.
Logging out completely & logging back on gets things running smoothly until the next time it happens - & it will absolutely 100% happen during a logged in session guaranteed.

Now the odd thing - If I'm getting this typing lag problem but I run any program by right clicking & using 'run as administrator' ,for that program instance the lag will be completely gone.

I can have 2 notepads open on screen together , one opened normally , one opened as administrator .
The one opened normally will be unusable , the one opened as administrator will work fine.

As this is a htpc setup & is rarely switched off (I use hibernate/standby) its creating real problems for me.

I don't actually ask for advice very often , but any help will be greatly greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply - my current main user account is an admin account.
The problem is that although it gives admin rights it doesn't run a program as admin unless I right click & select it.
I've tried other accounts & the problem is still there although not as severe.
I'm fairly certain its a windows service or maybe driver related but just can't track it down.
However the only thing updated when this started happening are my nvidia drivers - I uninstalled & rolled back to previous & the problem is still there.

I'm starting to think the screen is refreshing onvevery keypress causing the delay, although I have no idea why running a program as admin would stop this happening.

Posted on here as the law of averages would dictate that someone somewhere has suffered exactly the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS