Typing on the keyboard while booting

Penrose

Prominent
May 26, 2019
So I recently purchased a gaming laptop and on my first boot, I noticed that the screen was black even though my keyboard was lighting up. It did this for a couple minutes and I tried typing randomly on the keyboard to see if that would do anything. The laptop turned on later (the keyboard typing had nothing to do with it), and everything is working fine to date. I'm just paranoid as maybe while the system was setting up previously (with the blank screen) and due to my random typing, I may have screwed something up (such as maybe booting windows up in a different mode, if a shortcut like that exists, or I messed up something with the bios) . Could this have been a possibility or am I being paranoid for nothing?

Tioym

Proper
Apr 5, 2020
So I recently purchased a gaming laptop and on my first boot, I noticed that the screen was black even though my keyboard was lighting up. It did this for a couple minutes and I tried typing randomly on the keyboard to see if that would do anything. The laptop turned on later (the keyboard typing had nothing to do with it), and everything is working fine to date. I'm just paranoid as maybe while the system was setting up previously (with the blank screen) and due to my random typing, I may have screwed something up (such as maybe booting windows up in a different mode, if a shortcut like that exists, or I messed up something with the bios) . Could this have been a possibility or am I being paranoid for nothing?
your random typing will not screw anything up you can rest assured. At best it would take you into the bios if you pressed one of the functions keys but you should be fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS