Question Typing with Analog Optical switches?

aerski

Commendable
Nov 26, 2019
I pulled the trigger on the Huntsman Elite V2 Analog today, so far it's been extremely confusing. The keyboard has an option to customize the keys and make them joystick/analog, which makes you walk slow and run fast depending on how much pressure you exert on that key.. my only issue is, when I'm in a game and I need to type there's no way to disable it or to type with it on since it acts like a joystick, is there something I'm missing? It's extremely annoying to resort to switching between Razer Synapse and my game just to type a few words out.

Edit: Razer Synapse has an option for "Quick Remapping" but I still can't find a way to bind that to a key.

Last edited:
Do you mean type outside the game or in the game in the chat window? You may need to set the activation point on the keys to a keypress specifically when it hits all the way to the bottom. Did you check with Razer support?

Also there is a note about game support: "To use any of these features on your PC, you’ll need to play a game with analog input support. The Huntsman V2 Analog’s namesake switch features are only available in PC games that support both mouse/keyboard and controller input if you set a key to a joystick function and try to use it without such a game, that key will do nothing when pressed). "

aerski

Commendable
Nov 26, 2019
Do you mean type outside the game or in the game in the chat window? You may need to set the activation point on the keys to a keypress specifically when it hits all the way to the bottom. Did you check with Razer support?

Also there is a note about game support: "To use any of these features on your PC, you’ll need to play a game with analog input support. The Huntsman V2 Analog’s namesake switch features are only available in PC games that support both mouse/keyboard and controller input if you set a key to a joystick function and try to use it without such a game, that key will do nothing when pressed). "
I meant in the game chat window, to enable analog support you have to switch the keys to "joystick mode" which makes them behave like a joystick, not a keyboard, so keys aren't registered until you disable that mode which should have a workaround.. or it's an issue on my end.

I meant in the game chat window, to enable analog support you have to switch the keys to "joystick mode" which makes them behave like a joystick, not a keyboard, so keys aren't registered until you disable that mode which should have a workaround.. or it's an issue on my end.

It should still act like the key is being pressed when you pass one of two activation points. Razer support would be your best bet here to find out why you can't type on that mode. I don't see any reviews or tests on that keyboard that talk about not being able to type. But if the game uses WASD keys for movement, the keyboard must be able to send that keypress to it even if it has pressure sensitivity. I don't think the keyboard is seen as a joystick in the computer.

Reactions: aerski

aerski

Commendable
Nov 26, 2019
It should still act like the key is being pressed when you pass one of two activation points. Razer support would be your best bet here to find out why you can't type on that mode. I don't see any reviews or tests on that keyboard that talk about not being able to type. But if the game uses WASD keys for movement, the keyboard must be able to send that keypress to it even if it has pressure sensitivity. I don't think the keyboard is seen as a joystick in the computer.
Yeah, that's what I find odd. Also there aren't many reviews or support on it since it's pretty new, so I'm just going to contact Razer support. I've noticed that in games like Overwatch with analog mode on, you can see the buttons change from keyboard controls to controller controls .. example: my ultimate button was ready; Q, but when i held a key down that had analog mode enabled it changed from Q to Y button, like on a controller. I don't know how this works exactly so I'm not holding you up for it, thanks for the help :)

robertbhart

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012
Maybe you'll have to attach a second keyboard or.... Just use the keyboard as a keyboard and play games with a regular joypad (with a pair of analog thumbsticks).

Maybe I'm just getting old but it sounds like you created a problem that you didn't need to.

Perhaps I just don't understand the product. What is the benefit of having a keyboard with keys that act like an analog joystick over using any$15 USB game analog gamepad or any number of analog joysticks?