U.S. Government Gets Sued Over Secret IP Pact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay. Go EFF. If you guys really want this to stop Vote for Nader. Really though my beef is that they don't at least go through a judge. It's not like judges turned down many of these surveillance warrants in the first place, but to arbitrarily listen in on whomever they feel like whenever they feel like, well that just doesn't sit well with me. I guess we need something in the constitution about warrant less search and seizure. Oh wait, WE DO.

G

Speaking of invading the privacy of Americans, cheers to whoever hacked Sarah Palins emails and posted them online. I get the impression that the Republican faithful at Fox News didn't like that very much. But hey, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

lobhob

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Whats the problem? Lalws if your so mad that they could possibly be recording you, put on your tin foil hat. Seriously I swear these people care so much because the govt possibly have recording of their conversations with their mistresses and junk like that.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
People are guaranteed basic civil rights by the Constitution. Millions have people died for these rights. Take a history class and see what life was like before people had these rights. Enough ignorance for one day....please

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
At least for mobile carriers, the AFP and ASIO need a warrant for a specific mobile to trace that mobile... No blanket feeds to NSA that I am aware of. (And at least for one carrier, I would know)

noobe1981

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Its not what their recording its the princable of how their doing it. Hey lets take away my freedoms to fight terrorism.. O wait... You're giving them exactly what they want. Removing our freedoms. Not to mention all this warmongering also gives them a taste of what they want.. TERROR! The best thing we could've did after 9/11 would've been to rebuild, and told them to f off they may destroy but we'll rebuild. Instead we go to war with the wrong country and get numerious things passed that takes away our freedoms.. GO Bush!

addiktion

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
I love watching the EFF thrash at that the government. Lets hope they win, even though it will come out of our taxes. :/

G

You guys just dont get it, 9/11 is an excuse to take away you liberties and make everyone cattle, and everyone else, like the tele companies and anyone else pressured by the government, toe the line. One day, if it hasn't happened already, your going to wake up and realise the US govnt has become nazi, and by then its already too late. The elections are rigged, your freedoms are being eroded every day under the guise of protecting those freedoms. What is ok to do to so called terrorists they are doing to all US citizens as well.Its all in a veil of lies and secrets. Your government has already sold you down the stream.

G

and what freedom do you us guys really have any way?, you have a sense of you think might be freedom.
The US is way more restrictive in many ways opposed to most 2nd world country's though crime rates are way higher.
It must mean people in the us are ignorant this comes as no surprise to me.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Once a proud industrial nation, the US is now full of ignorant cows breaking their backs earning a living, oblivious to the fact that the government is slowly robbing them of the freedoms the founding fathers fought so hard to obtain. So yeah... freedom is only an illusion.

wahdangun

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
i tough US WAS the most liberate country, i think, i was wrong, US is NO BETTER than IRAQ and BUSH NO BETTER than SADDAM husain

it's realy phatetic, i'm feel sorry to you guys

i'm glad, iwas indonesian

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Yep. The NSA knows who is visiting THG.
They are reading over each the millions of emails being sent ever day, categorizing everything you say.

It's just a number of days before storm troopers arrive at your house to confiscate [something], and arrest you for being a duffus.

takealready

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2008
[citation][nom]anonymous423[/nom]You guys just dont get it, 9/11 is an excuse to take away you liberties and make everyone cattle, and everyone else, like the tele companies and anyone else pressured by the government, toe the line. One day, if it hasn't happened already, your going to wake up and realise the US govnt has become nazi, and by then its already too late. The elections are rigged, your freedoms are being eroded every day under the guise of protecting those freedoms. What is ok to do to so called terrorists they are doing to all US citizens as well.Its all in a veil of lies and secrets. Your government has already sold you down the stream.[/citation]

I agree with you 200%. But sadly, there are many Americans who are so stupid that they can't see what's happening to all of us. We are slowly becoming more like Nazi Germany every day.

Mark my words, in ten years time you won't even be able to go to the Toilet without a camera watching (you as you do your business). That's the type of control the government wants to have over all of us. This War on Terror was just to get Oil and to control the population.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
The last time I tried to tell anybody in America that the Patriot Act and Homeland Security, while on the surface sounds good but if you toke time out to really read it, was going to slowly eat away our rights and that this was a case of the government forgetting that it was suppose to be "...by the people for the people." I got one of the following responses: "That's naive thinking." or "If you got nothing to hide, why does it bother you?" I am an American and proud of it. However my own fellow Americans seemed to have lost touch, don't care, or refuse to believe what I think is happening right in front of them. I was so disgusted I actually thought of leaving, but I cannot bring myself to do it. I just cant believe I am "naive" to believe in something that has always been, or was, American. Should we not think this way?

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
[citation][nom]anonymous423[/nom]You guys just dont get it, 9/11 is an excuse to take away you liberties and make everyone cattle, and everyone else, like the tele companies and anyone else pressured by the government, toe the line. One day, if it hasn't happened already, your going to wake up and realise the US govnt has become nazi, and by then its already too late. The elections are rigged, your freedoms are being eroded every day under the guise of protecting those freedoms. What is ok to do to so called terrorists they are doing to all US citizens as well.Its all in a veil of lies and secrets. Your government has already sold you down the stream.[/citation]

I'm going to disagree on one part. The correct term is "Sheeple", cattleople, doesn't have the same ring to it..lol.

crockdaddy

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I would like to know how many of you have actually ever read the patriot act? Two of you? I cannot say I am or was ever a big fan of the act, I understood the point of the act shortly after 9/11 ... the question is ... how long should the act really need to be renewed? I will laugh, when and if Obama get's elected and he wants to keep renewing it as well ... (I look for hypocrisy in all things from the government)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS