ryeg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I have accidently locked myself out of a Dell desktop running Windows XP. All administrator accounts are locked out but only 1 user account will work. The user account cannot unlock the other accounts nor change the passwords.

I have tried using Ultimate Boot CD to unlock and reset the account passwords. After booting the CD, I cannot see the hard drive with the password reset tool. It only sees the CD/DVD drive. Any clues to fix this and any other thoughts besides writing the passwords down or rebuilding the drive?

I may be getting an older version of ERD Commander to reset everything but still trying to fix it today.

Thanks

ryeg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
House70: All the administrator accounts are locked out.

Sub mesa: booting with ubuntu still wouldn't allow me to change/unlock the administrator account.

All: I have gotten my hands on a Microsoft ERD Commander disk that will allow me to boot in Windows and change/unlock the administrator account. Will try this today. Should work.

asecoy

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

@ ryeg : I am having the same problem with Server 2003 on a SAN controller. The Ultimate Boot CD (on a USB key) won't find the system hard disk. Did the ERD work for you? Did something else work for you?