Info UBISOFT confirms "Assassin’s Creed Mirage" is the next game in the series

Hey AC fans,

It appears that the next Assassin’s Creed game has been officially revealed. Ubisoft confirms that Assassin’s Creed Mirage is the next entry in the series. No more official info was shown, outside of the art reveal. Ubisoft says it plans to share about the game at its Ubisoft Forward event.

The stream will air on September 10 at 3 p.m. ET, 12 p.m. PT. You’ll be able to follow it on Ubisoft’s Twitch channel here.

According to the leaks, Assassin’s Creed Mirage will return to basics, and there won’t be any leveling or dialogue systems. Moreover, the game will take place in Baghdad between the years 860-870. So basically back to the roots of AC, like AC1 and AC2 ? I guess we will find out more afterwards.

This news follows several leaks and rumors about Mirage. This morning, artwork started to leak out around social media, reportedly leaked from Ubisoft’s own store.

Details of Assassin’s Creed Mirage had already been leaking out prior, including the name and other details. It seems likely to be the project reported on by Bloomberg earlier this year.

If the reports are true, then the game will purportedly follow Basim from Assassin’ Creed Valhalla and target sometime next year. Either way, the Assassin’s Creed 1 vibes from this artwork do seem pretty interesting. The last Assassin’s Creed was Valhalla itself, which was released in 2020 and received a number of post-launch content updates.

Ubisoft is also working on Assassin’s Creed Infinity, a live service take on the franchise. Rumors have suggested that Mirage is a standalone game that will take inspiration from older entries in the series, before the RPG direction of more recent titles like Odyssey and Valhalla.

ACMirage_Reveal_090122.jpg

Fbi4Pd_XoAABYP7

View: https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/1565369047461642240

Last edited:
Seems like a Basim prequel then, since the timeline is roughly a 10 year period before the events of Valhalla. I imagine that means playing a younger Basim.

I don't mind them going back to basics omitting dialog choices and the tedious grind of leveling, but I still have little faith in Ubi anymore.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Some Update on this game.

It appears that the official details for Assassin’s Creed Mirage have been leaked via PlayStation Network. According to reports, the game appeared shortly on PSN.

Moreover, its description confirms the leaks/rumors that surfaced earlier this month. Assassin’s Creed Mirage will be a cross-generation game, meaning that it will release on both old-gen and current-gen platforms. In Mirage, players will experience the story of Basim, a cunning street thief seeking answers and justice as he navigates the bustling streets of ninth-century Baghdad.

As the game’s description reads:
“Experience the story of Basim, a cunning street thief seeking answers and justice as he navigates the bustling streets of ninth-century Baghdad. Through a mysterious, ancient organization known as the Hidden Ones, he will become a deadly Master Assassin and change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.”
Some key features.
  • Experience a modern take on the iconic features and gameplay that have defined a franchise for 15 years.
  • Parkour seamlessly through the city and stealthily take down targets with more visceral assassinations than ever before.
  • Explore an incredibly dense and vibrant city whose inhabitants react to your every move, and uncover the secrets of four unique districts as you venture through the Golden Age of Baghdad.
Ubisoft plans to officially reveal Assassin’s Creed Mirage on September 10th!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Zbfr6GXvE

SOURCE:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss4h29

View: https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1567459355418677248

Ubisoft has just released the first official cinematic trailer for Assassin’s Creed Mirage. Moreover, the French company revealed the game’s first official details (which were leaked a while back).

In Assassin’s Creed Mirage, players will experience the story of Basim, a cunning street thief seeking answers and justice as he navigates the bustling streets of ninth-century Baghdad.

As the official description reads.

“After an act of deadly retribution, Basim flees Baghdad and joins an ancient organization – The Hidden Ones. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed – one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.”

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x55lAlFtXmw

Some new official 4K screenshots were also shared. The game will use Ubisoft's Anvil Engine.

Assassins-Creed-Mirage-official-screenshots-1.jpg

Assassins-Creed-Mirage-official-screenshots-2.jpg

Assassins-Creed-Mirage-official-screenshots-3.jpg

Assassins-Creed-Mirage-official-screenshots-4.jpg

Last edited:
Ubisoft has just released the first official cinematic trailer for Assassin’s Creed Mirage. Moreover, the French company revealed the game’s first official details (which were leaked a while back).

In Assassin’s Creed Mirage, players will experience the story of Basim, a cunning street thief seeking answers and justice as he navigates the bustling streets of ninth-century Baghdad.

As the official description reads.

“After an act of deadly retribution, Basim flees Baghdad and joins an ancient organization – The Hidden Ones. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed – one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.”

Well, the trailer looks good, but I go more by actual gameplay footage, as trailers can be misleading.

Well, the trailer looks good, but I go more by actual gameplay footage, as trailers can be misleading.

Yeah, these early trailers and teasers hardly convey the full picture. We need to see actual final gameplay footage, and not any beta stage development gameplay. However, it's good to know that UBI is taking the AC franchise back to the ROOTS, and it would be a welcome change for sure, if these trailers/teasers are anything to go buy.

I'm not much into AC series, but I have played AC3, AC4: Black Flag and even Unity. I think AC: BLACK FLAG is really an awesome game. Very satisfying gameplay. We can also use guns ! One of the better AC game in this franchise, not counting AC1 and AC2 here though.

I'm not much into AC series, but I have played AC3, AC4: Black Flag and even Unity. I think AC: BLACK FLAG is really an awesome game. Very satisfying gameplay. We can also use guns ! One of the better AC game in this franchise, not counting AC1 and AC2 here though.
Yeah AC 4 is one of the better AC games for sure. It's one of very few games in my collection I actually own a Gold version of. That said, I did get a bit tired of the sword fighting animations being pretty repetitive, which far too often had you doing a spinning attack.

They seem to be promising more fluid parkour and more visceral assassination moves in Mirage though, so I'll be keeping a close eye on the animations.

That sucks if there would be real gambling in AC MIRAGE. It's looks like they are pushing NFTs, loot boxes, Micro-transactions etc. Regarding the 18+ Adult rating, I'm not sure what to say, but that description says it all.

Not sure what ratings did previous AC games got, but I don't see any point in rating Mirage as an 18 PLUS adult game. They should have instead included this gambling feature as an optional DLC, and not include it in the main main. That way, gamers can decide whether they need to invest in any DLC or not, regardless of any rating.

That sucks if there would be real gambling in AC MIRAGE. It's looks like they are pushing NFTs, loot boxes, Micro-transactions etc. Regarding the 18+ Adult rating, I'm not sure what to say, but that description says it all.

Not sure what ratings did previous AC games got, but I don't see any point in rating Mirage as an 18 PLUS adult game. They should have instead included this gambling feature as an optional DLC, and not include it in the main main. That way, gamers can decide whether they need to invest in any DLC or not, regardless of any rating.
It's mere posturing to say it's rated 18 and older, when most sales are done digitally now. I mean it's so easy to get things online at pretty much any age. This will no doubt cause a stir again with angry parents though.

The gambling, be it loot boxes or whatever, as well as microtransactions and NFTs don't affect me, because I don't buy into them, and any game that forces you to get necessary supplies, weapons, etc that way, I avoid entirely.

Ubi has been heading down this path ever since they turned Ghost Recon into a sci fi fantasy tiered loot type game. There's no end to their greed. It's also why I don't get too excited about any of their reveals anymore.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Ubi has been heading down this path ever since they turned Ghost Recon into a sci fi fantasy tiered loot type game. There's no end to their greed. It's also why I don't get too excited about any of their reveals anymore.

Yeah, most of the major devs/publishers just want to earn as much money/cash/market share they can these days. Actually, there are gamers willing to pay any amount for a AAA game, so I blame them as well to some extent.

Ah yes, Assassin's Creed. The series that has you no longer play as an assassin, but a warrior instead.
Complete with copy/pasted content and formula, poor writing and cheap, quickly assembled mechanics.

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully Mirage is not like the recent AC games, and they go back to the basics/roots. I stopped playing AC after BLACK FLAG. The older AC games were pretty good.

Did you try syndicate? If not it’s pretty cheap. Try it out. I’d consider it the last in the line of the one line ac3, black flag etc. Also, Unity was actually good imo once they patched it and a good story.

Nope, I have not played syndicate yet. I know the game is also based on London era, and it's good. I wanted to buy this game, but I dropped the idea since I was having a lot of backlog of PC games.

It's currently priced at $29.99 on STEAM. I will wait for the next Steam sale, and then decide. Yeah, UNITY was also very good though, and also one of the best looking AC games in this franchise, unless I'm mistaken.