Ubisoft DRM Server Goes Down; Gamers Can't Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is a wonderful example for why you do not buy games with DRM. Thank you Ubisoft!

underpatch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
i honestly feel sorry for the poor saps trying to be legal with ubisoft .... but i am sure they have seen the light now

pipes990

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
That's rediculous, I would be irrate if I was trying to play one of those games. I have Asassins Creed II, I wish I wouldn't have bought it now, and I won't buy ubisoft until they quit with the rediculous DRM.

underpatch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
i honestly think that toms agrees with the users that post here ... even though they will never come out as say this .... why else would they post a game related article like this on a hardware/computer web site .... giveing us all a wonderfully large bulls eye to shoot/vent at ...

thank you toms ... i agree with your agreement of us .... you guys rule ! :)

schwizer

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
"I realise that's not ideal but there's only so much I can do on a weekend"

Maybe there should be a disclaimer on the game box saying something like

"Caution! Only playable during regular office hours. Because if the server goes down outside those hours, nobody's on it until the next day."

><

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I can see how DRM can be a good thing to be protective of a company's IP however the last couple of years is going TOO FAR! games like bioshock imposing 5 install limits, what happens if you have a series of bad hard drives? After 5 your game would no longer work!. Now we see this kind of BS, not every gamer in every part of the world is going to always have an internet connection (maybe you're on a train or plain and don't own a 3G rocket stick) or you maybe they won't always have a super reliable connection. I think the schemes were it's internet required at install then it goes out verifies you have a legit key and that it's not in use multiple places at the same time and then says ok you're verified have fun is best. That way it wouldn't matter if you didn't have internet you could still play the single player game. FU Ubisoft! whoever thought of this half baked DRM scheme needs to get FIRED and quick

G

[citation][nom]tengen[/nom]Ubisoft's is current DRM is currently not winning against pirates.Or anyone one for the matter.[/citation]
It's winning against Ubi's crappy servers and PR.

homeyclaus

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Bam. Lawsuits. DRM goes down. No more. Bye bye.[/citation]

Given the way laws are written, especially UCITA and the EU equivalent, making license agreements legally enforceable contracts, I very much doubt it. After all, you agreed to their terms, including the one that it'll never be their fault, when you installed that game.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
My ISP was up 30% for the past 2 days and I was barely online. All I wanted to do was play a little Titan Quest. But since my ISP was down I was stuck programming. Why can't you just let us play we legal purchase!

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
I don't know why people are crying about this scheme now, I have been unable to connect to the Dawn of War II login servers many times and been unable to play, even though my connection was fine.

All around retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS