Ubisoft Releases Far Cry Pack for Minecraft PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]ttg_avenged[/nom]LOL that is awesome, thank you Ubisoft. I still have hope in some companies[/citation]
You still have hope in UBISOFT?!
Oh my, you must certainly not read into them a lot. Enjoy the DRM.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]Wasn't this already posted on Tom's? I swear I thought I read this almost 2-3 weeks ago...[/citation]
it was about a week ago and it was article was about ubisoft just showing it off. this article is saying they released it.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I like the concept about minecraft. It is gameplay is decent... but I cant be sure to be happy build a blocky things on top of pixel textures @ year2012. May be I will try it again when they adopt Hexagon block + better textures.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]You still have hope in UBISOFT?!Oh my, you must certainly not read into them a lot. Enjoy the DRM.[/citation]
It's not so bad.
After the 3rd patch since I bought FarCry2, UbiSoft completely removed the DRM from the game. Now I can play it the way I want to. Even before the 3rd patch, there was a way to remove installs, so you don't go over the 5 install limit and it was possible to do it all offline.

A[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]You still have hope in UBISOFT?!Oh my, you must certainly not read into them a lot. Enjoy the DRM.[/citation]
That's true. Although Ubisoft does make some good games, what kills the experience is the DRM...

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]Gman450[/nom]AThat's true. Although Ubisoft does make some good games, what kills the experience is the DRM...[/citation]

DRM is becoming less of an issue now with most gamers having access to the internet 24/7 and the industry understanding that a little DRM is fine but if you push us, we give you the finger and go isohunt

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I was gonna say, they said the whole DRM thing backfired big time on them, and they were done with it as far as having to have an always online connection. EA is currently the main one using that always on crap, besides MMOs, which tend to have to be online in order to play. :p

At any rate, DRM aside, this is still a nice gesture on their behalf, even if it is a way to promote Far Cry 3.

Dupontrocks11

Honorable
May 7, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]I like the concept about minecraft. It is gameplay is decent... but I cant be sure to be happy build a blocky things on top of pixel textures @ year2012. May be I will try it again when they adopt Hexagon block + better textures.[/citation]

That's what minecraft is... the whole concept of the game is to be able express creativity using simple means.

Status
Not open for further replies.