Ubisoft's DRM for Assassin's Creed II is Cracked

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTT

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Tbh, that's piracy/hacking I would condone. Its redonkulous that they attempt DRM like that in the first place. Nicely done.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I don't play pirated games, but I am completely all in favor of this. Restricting paying customers is the most ridiculous idea ever. People who aren't going to buy it (pirates) in the first place aren't just going to buy it because they can't play it.

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
Am I the only one who thinks it is inappropriate to report on illegal cracking? I can see a semi-legitimate reason to post something like this (tech news regarding the uncrackable being cracked); on the flip side, it only promotes piracy by informing someone who may not otherwise know. It even gives the cracking group name for easy searching.

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
I was all set to buy it but when i heard of the DRM for this title I didn't bother.I don't and will not pay for things not to work.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
[citation][nom]dannyaa[/nom]Am I the only one who thinks it is inappropriate to report on illegal cracking? I can see a semi-legitimate reason to post something like this (tech news regarding the uncrackable being cracked); on the flip side, it only promotes piracy by informing someone who may not otherwise know. It even gives the cracking group name for easy searching.[/citation]

if the original game wasn't such an insult to paying customers, you might be right.
restricting people from playing a game they have paid for should be illegal, and in this instance i think the crackers are the good guys and Ubisoft are the bad guys.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I've refused to buy this game until now. If I end up playing it, I won't be purchasing it that's for sure. This s worst than starforce imo...

I really don't know what to say that hasn't been said in any other thread like this. We all knew it was going to happen. It seems developers are being scammed by folks dribbling nonsense about thier latest DRM packages. The developer buys in, feels the need to market the expensive DRM they just purchased, which then ultimatley seems to be an invitation or challenge to the hackers who eventually conquer said quest.
Dear Developer,
Please re-invest the money budgeted for DRM into the product. The usage statistics you see in a pirated game of any sort simply cannot reflect loss on your part because many in that usage statistic would have never bought the game anyway and only tried it because it was already cracked on release. I want you to be paid for your work and will continue to buy quality releases so long as my right to play the damn game still exists without being punished for my purchase.
Sincerely,
Gamer for life.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]dannyaa[/nom]Am I the only one who thinks it is inappropriate to report on illegal cracking? I can see a semi-legitimate reason to post something like this (tech news regarding the uncrackable being cracked); on the flip side, it only promotes piracy by informing someone who may not otherwise know. It even gives the cracking group name for easy searching.[/citation] By this logic we shouldn't report on murders or thefts either.

dark bishop

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Lets sing the song:

Do what you want cause a pirate is free, game developers are retarded.

Honestly, game devi's hurt themselves more with ridiculous drm scemes like this.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
IN UR FACE UBISOFT !! ... marcus have u contacted ubisoft for comment on the matter ? maybe they will release a patch to remove the DRM completely... any updates would be helpful :)

G

I am a lifetime gamer and will not purchase Assassin's creed because of the foul way this DRM is implemented. I do buy all of the games I play. I only buy PC games because I don't need different consoles (PC) to tie me down to their hardware.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
as far as I know qwerty it's only skid row now. I think reloaded/razer had an emulated crack, but not ones like skid row. Not entirely sure though. As I don't like "emulations" when it can be advoided, and I had a feelingit was only a matter of time.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Took 'em almost a month to crack efficiently, so in a way they are making copy protections and DRM more difficult for those breaking it, but not making it efficient for people who actually BOUGHT the games with it.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
This is retarded. Now it's been cracked, let's see how the AC2 sales dry up, and after that, do you really think Ubi is going to continue developing for PCs?

While they may be 'helping' people with 1 or 2 games, pirates in the end are just screwing everyone over (... Except console games, I s'pose, but I'm not really interested in their affairs).

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
and on and on and on.... Piracy is on consoles too damn it, in matter of fact consoles games doesn't even need to be cracked to play, they modify the damn box and play fake copys of the games, downloaded ones, just like PC games.
Cut the BS, there is less piracy on consoles coz there are less console gamers than on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.