Ubisoft's Far Cry 3 Delayed Until December

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
yup...stupid move, ubisoft...dec sales will be owned by halo 4 and cod....which will translate to low sales numbers for fc3...resulting in the last entry of the franchise? :(

oh, yeah...the movie version sucks balls. :p

tstng

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
I did not like FC1 very much, but loved FC2. FC3 seems like a good mix of the two. But I was giong to buy a new videocard in september and hoped to use FC3 as a benchmark, but now I dont think I can wait till december and with the exception of the new MoH there wont be any other great looking games to bench.

tomhuang03

Honorable
May 23, 2012
The FarCry series was awesome. By far one of the best graphically pleasing games I have played on a console and on a PC.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Can somebody explain the correlation between Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2 to me? and those saying they liked Far Cry 2 more are simply too young to understand how epic Far Cry 1 was at it's release.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
It makes me smile at least when I hear Halo and Black Ops II being a competition. FarCry has a decent fan base and those who loved it will get the third instalment no matter what. Same with Halo and Black Ops II. It's like releasing Forza and Gran Turismo same month before holidays and worrying of losing customers. For one they are totally different hands down and there are fans for each, secondly holiday season kids (that might not are much for the game) will get whatever games they want and thirdly hardcore fans will still buy, no matter what is released along side (as long as fourth instalment is kept for later :) ). I am getting it even if it would come on same day as GTA V. And I don't mind the delay as long as it's released in 2012 :)

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Maybe FarCry 1 was epic, so was the Half-Life when it was released first. However we move on and times change. I loved the FarCry 2. Might not be as impressive as the first instalment at the time but still a damn good game. Lots of games these days are a bit boring, but then again, budgets are not the same and multiplatform ports along with tons of competition does not help much either. Or maybe hardcore gamers who were loyal since 1980s (who are probably over 40 at this stage) are just too hard to please?

hanson308

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
most likely because ubisoft just received $$$ from Nxxdia that they need to implant some source code in order to descale AMD card's performance.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]hanson308[/nom]most likely because ubisoft just received $$$ from Nxxdia that they need to implant some source code in order to descale AMD card's performance.[/citation]

If it's anything like FC2 you'll have just as much fun watching a slideshow as you would playing at 80FPS.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
Well I was going to play this and BL2 until Blackops came out. Looks like COD will be taking up all my time like usual and maybe Farcry will get played after I have complained about black ops B.S. for the 1000th time in march or something.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I just went back through far cry 1 and it did several things better than 2 but I still have to admit I dont like the mutants. So far cry 3 should be an awesome game due to the lack of aliens or mutants but with the graphics level of FC2 and the island setting of FC1. Its the perfect balance.

Massacher

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
just make it polished and not have a dozen patches before it's playable like so many shooters over the least few years.

"oh, yeah...the movie version sucks balls."

yea i agree, my imdb rating is 2/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.