UBS Support and NT4 Workstation

I know that NT4 doesnt support USB 'From the Box', but
does anyone know of a way to get it working?
Im doing some MCPs and the network we are on is locked
down with ISA and doing a standard google on the subject
isnt possible :/

If it can be done it would be a real godesnd as I have a
128Mb USB Keyring that holds a lot of my course data that
I could really do with accessing.

Many Thanks in advance,
John Sampson

> I know that NT4 doesnt support USB 'From the Box', but
> does anyone know of a way to get it working?

*If* there is a way to get your USB keyring working it would be if the
manufacturer of your keyring produced USB drivers for that device that
worked with NT 4.0.

I would look on their website. Others with that device may have a way to get
it working.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

John Sampson wrote:

> I know that NT4 doesnt support USB 'From the Box', but
> does anyone know of a way to get it working?
> Im doing some MCPs and the network we are on is locked
> down with ISA and doing a standard google on the subject
> isnt possible :/
>
> If it can be done it would be a real godesnd as I have a
> 128Mb USB Keyring that holds a lot of my course data that
> I could really do with accessing.
>
> Many Thanks in advance,
> John Sampson

Take a look here, thanks to reference by Calvin:

http://www.usbman.com/Win%20NT%20USB%20Guide.htm

Calvin

Hi John,

have a look at http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au/usb.htm

The section on the public domain USB drivers by 'WoodHead' may provide you a
working result. He has specifically written his USB support files to access this
type of Flash USB device from NT4.0

It may take a bit of setting up tho, give a yell here if you have trouble.

Calvin.