Ubuntu hot-spot & Satellite

Solution
It has to be something strange about the cell phone. It should connect to your router but it is hard to say why. Phones have few diagnostic tools to help.....you click a icon and it just magically works all the time :)

If your computer is using wifi to talk to the router it will be difficult to use it as a hotspot. If it was connected via ethernet then it is easy but that is pretty much what a AP is.

It really should not matter the phone may have issues connecting to the hotspot. It all depends why the phone is being stubborn. I know mine I have just deleted all the networks and told it to find a new one and it connected right up even though 10 seconds before it pretended the network did not exist.
Sep 27, 2018

Sep 27, 2018
The problem I have is I can have a computer working wireless but my smart phone will not although I get excellent signal. Not forgetting I am on Satellite Internet working through a modem & Linksey router. Thanks for the reply.

It has to be something strange about the cell phone. It should connect to your router but it is hard to say why. Phones have few diagnostic tools to help.....you click a icon and it just magically works all the time :)

If your computer is using wifi to talk to the router it will be difficult to use it as a hotspot. If it was connected via ethernet then it is easy but that is pretty much what a AP is.

It really should not matter the phone may have issues connecting to the hotspot. It all depends why the phone is being stubborn. I know mine I have just deleted all the networks and told it to find a new one and it connected right up even though 10 seconds before it pretended the network did not exist.

Solution
Sep 27, 2018