Question UE-V with OneDrive VS Roaming Profile with NAS

BearTech

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Hi!

We have an indie game education that is in two different places that students go between during their studies. They should thus be able to access their files in different locations. In addition to the Indi training, the computers should be accessible to a gaming creator community (No need to send data between two locations).
We have 18 computers that users should be able to jump between. I first looked at using Roaming Profile and group policy. But we have access to users having 1TB OneDrive. I learned that Roaming profile and Onedrive or similar cloud service did not work well together. But UE-V even has in its documentation that one can use OneDrive.

We have looked at direct "fiber connection" between the sites or VPN tunnel but it is complicated to fix.

We will probably buy a server that can handle 100 users at the same time. Unfortunately, I do not have access to specific manufacturer of the server but 8 cores, 32GB frame, 1200GB 10k rpm x 4 and windows server 2019 4VM x2. (No focus on the hardware please, just the solution to the question. Just so you know what we have for performance on the server)

What do you think? What is a good solution?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS