Question Ue4- what's better cpu or gpu?

Jul 2, 2019
3600 (maybe x) + 2080 super
Or
3700x + 2070 super

I will mostly just use ue4, and very little of other programs. Don't know exactly what, just want to pick the best option. Please explain

I assumed it would come down to
8cores vs 6 cores
2070 vs 2080 super which already has gaming benchmarks. But since no workload then just compare to vanilla versions since it's just more specs.
The 3600 has already been shown to have the best single thread and just under the 9900k in multithreaded.

Last edited:
You're asking questions about hardware that has not been released, OR reviewed yet, and I mean BOTH the CPU and graphics cards, so no, nobody is going to have any accurate answers for you. Wait until AFTER the hardware has been released AND reviewed, and THEN ask.

Jul 2, 2019
You're asking questions about hardware that has not been released, OR reviewed yet, and I mean BOTH the CPU and graphics cards, so no, nobody is going to have any accurate answers for you. Wait until AFTER the hardware has been released AND reviewed, and THEN ask.

I assumed it would come down to
8cores vs 6 cores
2070 vs 2080 super which already has gaming benchmarks. But since no workload then just compare to vanilla versions since it's just more specs.
The 3600 has already been shown to have the best single thread and just under the 9900k in multithreaded.

No, it has been RUMORED to have that. There is no valid, verifiable evidence that I've seen yet. Only unsubstantiated preliminary evidence. Might as well go back to the "just buy it" article we had last year and use that as the basis for recommendations at that rate. No offense to the staff who wrote that of course.

Jul 2, 2019
No, it has been RUMORED to have that. There is no valid, verifiable evidence that I've seen yet. Only unsubstantiated preliminary evidence. Might as well go back to the "just buy it" article we had last year and use that as the basis for recommendations at that rate. No offense to the staff who wrote that of course.

LOL thanks, didn't know that, still kinda new to this. Didn't expect to be building a pc during new hardware launch

I'd wait about another week. We should have some concrete reviews of things AND there will be some shakeups because there are new GPU cards coming from AMD as well as the new Super cards from Nvidia. This could have an affect on existing card models beyond what we can foresee right now. On the CPU side of things, once Ryzen 3000 series launches, we might also see some pretty terrific price drops on existing Ryzen models as they try to clear them out or on Intel as well.

Most important though will be getting solid information on what the reviewers see as trends with the new hardware that gives us at least a good idea of what to expect.